Feeds and Feeding Fish
The objective of feeding fish is one to improve the yield. Feeding fish increases growth of fish and it increases survival.
About this training
In this training we shall look at the different fish feeds and how to feed fish in a commercial farm in order to maximise profits.
What you will learn
- Before you start
- Feed Quality
- Nutritional Requirements of Fish
- Physical Attributes of Fish Feed
- Importance of Using good quality Feed
- How to feed Fish Correctly
- How to Select a good Feed
- How to Calculate daily Feed rate
- Factors that necessitate Adjusting daily feed rate
- Importance of avoiding Overfeeding
- Feeding Techniques
- Feeding Frequency
- How to Train Fish
- When not to Feed Fish
- How to Evaluate Performance of Feed
- Factors that Affect FCR
- Cost-Effectiveness of Feed
- How to Handle and Store Feed
Reviews 3 / 5
DDorothy BirungiResearch Officer/Socio-EconomicsNARO-NaFIRRIAny videos for the lay man to follow and understand?
MMargaret Aanyusenior research officernational agricultural research organisation, aquaculture research and development center-kajjansithe cost of training appears high! 100,000 shs
John WalakiraSenior Research ScientistNational Fisheries Resources Research InstituteProcedures are too wordy. Update the pictures
AAliceInformation Communication OfficerNaFIRRIThey need to add pictorials to some course contents to explain further especially in the area of fish handling, harvesting and value addition
Denis OpioFish NutritionistNaFIRRI/ARDC KajjansiAttention: Fish are delicate!