Terms and Conditions
On October 22, 2017, AgroMarketDay adopted amended Terms of Service, providing as follows
AgroMarketDay reserves the right to modify these TOS at any time without advance notice. Any changes to these TOS will be effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective date. By accessing the Site after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified TOS and all of the changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of these TOS.
RULES FOR ONLINE CONDUCT
You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Site and for your User Postings. "User Postings" include all content submitted, posted, published or distributed on the Site by you or other users of the Site, including but not limited to all forum posts, wiki edits, notes, questions, comments, videos and file uploads. You agree that you will use the Site in compliance with these TOS, the Honor Code and all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations, including copyright laws, any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence, and all export control laws.
As a condition of your use of the AgroMarketDay services, you will not use the Site in any manner intended to damage, disable, overburden or impair any AgroMarketDay server or the network(s) connected to any AgroMarketDay server or to interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any AgroMarketDay server through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information stored on the Site, its servers or associated computers through any means not intentionally made available through the Site.
THE FOLLOWING LIST OF ITEMS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED ON THE SITE:
- Content that defames, harasses or threatens others;
- Content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- Content that infringes another's intellectual property, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks;
- Profane, pornographic, obscene, indecent or unlawful content;
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation;
- Content related to partisan political activities;
- Viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, corrupted files, malware, spyware or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another's computer or property; and
- Content that contains intentionally inaccurate information or that is posted with the intent of misleading others.
Furthermore, you agree not to scrape, or otherwise download in bulk, any Site content, including but not limited to a list or directory of users on the system, on-line textbooks, User Postings or user information. You agree not to misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using the Site (although you are welcome and encouraged to use an anonymous username in the forums and to act in a manner that keeps your identity concealed).
USER ACCOUNTS AND AUTHORITY
In order to participate fully in Site activities, you must provide your name, an email address or telephone number and a user password in order to create a user account ("User Account"). You agree that you will never divulge or share access or access information for your User Account with any third party for any reason. In setting up your User Account, you may be prompted to enter additional optional information (e.g., your address). You represent that all information provided by you is accurate and current. You agree to maintain and update your information to keep it accurate and current.
YOUR RIGHT TO USE CONTENT ON THE SITE
Unless indicated as being in the public domain, the content on the Site is protected by copyright laws. Unless otherwise expressly stated on the Site, the texts, video, images and other instructional materials provided with the courses offered on this Site are for your personal use in connection with those courses only. We aim to make much of the AgroMarketDay course content available under more open license terms that will help create a vibrant ecosystem of contributors and further AgroMarketDay's goal of making education accessible and affordable to the world.
Certain reference documents, digital textbooks, articles and other information on the Site are used with the permission of third parties, and use of that information is subject to certain rules and conditions, which will be posted along with the information. By using this Site you agree to abide by all such rules and conditions.
You agree to retain all copyright and other notices on any content you obtain from the Site. All rights in the Site and its content, if not expressly granted, are reserved.
User Postings Representations and Warranties.
By submitting or distributing your User Postings, you affirm, represent and warrant (1) that you have the necessary rights, licenses, consents and/or permissions to reproduce and publish the User Postings and to authorize AgroMarketDay and its users to reproduce, modify, publish and otherwise use and distribute your User Postings in a manner consistent with the licenses granted by you below, and (2) that neither your submission of your User Postings nor the exercise of the licenses granted below will infringe or violate the rights of any third party. You, and not AgroMarketDay, are solely responsible for your User Postings and the consequences of posting or publishing them.
License Grant to AgroMarketDay. By submitting or distributing your User Postings, you hereby grant to AgroMarketDay a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, assignable, sub licensable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to host, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, distribute, re-distribute, relicense and otherwise use, make available and exploit your User Postings, in whole or in part, in any form and in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed).
License Grant to AgroMarketDay Users. By submitting or distributing your User Postings, you hereby grant to each user of the Site a non-exclusive license to access and use your User Postings in connection with their use of the Site for their own personal purposes.
Registration and Payment. Subject to the foregoing, you may be required to pay a fee to access training modules on the Site, in which case, the following processes and requirements shall apply:
- In addition, the processing of your payment information is done by an AgroMarketDay third party vendor, and you will be re-routed to a secure website to complete the payment transaction. The privacy statement posted at the payment landing page operated by such third party vendor will govern the submission and processing of your payment details. Please familiarize yourself with those terms prior to initiating a transaction.
- Once your payment transaction is completed, you will be re-routed back to an AgroMarketDay confirmation page and will receive a confirmation email with your name, order number and the payment amount. Please retain this email for your records as this information will be required if you seek a refund from AgroMarketDay.
- Government or State-issued driver’s license
- National ID card
In order to be accepted by AgroMarketDay, your photo ID must:
Contain your full name exactly (excluding hyphens, accents and spaces)
Contain a relatively current photograph of yourself
Be an original document; photocopied documents cannot be accepted
Be current and valid; expired documents cannot be accepted
Unfortunately, if you do not posses a photo ID meeting the criteria described above, AgroMarketDay is unable to provide you with an ID Verified status.
Use of AgroMarketDay, NaFIRRI, Aurburn University and Member Names, Trademarks and Service Marks.
The "AgroMarketDay," "NaFIRRI," and "Auburn University" names, logos and seals are trademarks ("Trademarks") of the respective entities. Likewise, the names, logos, and seals of the other Members are Trademarks owned by the respective Member. You may not use any of these Trademarks, or any variations thereof, without the owner's prior written consent. You may not use any of these Trademarks, or any variations thereof, for promotional purposes, or in any way that deliberately or inadvertently claims, suggests or, in these institutions' sole judgment, gives the appearance or impression of a relationship with or endorsement by these institutions.
All Trademarks not owned by AgroMarketDay or the Members that appear on the Site or on or through the services made available on or through the Site, if any, are the property of their respective owners.
Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the owner of the applicable Trademark.
DIGITAL MILLENIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
Copyright owners who believe their material has been infringed on the Site should contact AgroMarketDay or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification must include:
- Identification of the copyrighted work, or, in the case of multiple works at the same location, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. You must include sufficient information for us to locate the material (e.g., URL, IP address, computer name).
- Information for us to be able to contact the complaining party (e.g., email address, phone number).
- A statement that the complaining party believes that the use of the material has not been authorized by the copyright owner or an authorized agent.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY / LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITIES
THE SITE AND ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, EXCEPT INSOFAR AS ANY SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
AGROMARKETDAY AND THE AGROMARKETDAY PARTICIPANTS (AS HERINAFTER DEFINED) DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE IN AN UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE MANNER, THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE COURSES OR CONTENT PROVIDED WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. AGROMARKETDAY AND THE AGROMARKETDAY PARTICIPANTS ALSO MAKE NO WARRANTY ABOUT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR QUALITY OF THE SITE OR ANY COURSES OR CONTENT, OR THAT ANY PARTICULAR COURSES OR CONTENT WILL CONTINUE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE. “AGROMARKETDAY PARTICIPANTS” MEANS NaFIRRI, HARVARD, THE OTHER MEMBERS, THE ENTITIES PROVIDING INFORMATION, CONTENT OR SERVICES FOR THE SITE, THE COURSE INSTRUCTORS AND THEIR STAFFS.
User Postings Disclaimer.You understand that when using the Site you will be exposed to User Postings from a variety of sources and that neither AgroMarketDay nor the AgroMarketDay Participants are responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, reliability or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Postings. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Postings that are inaccurate, offensive, defamatory, indecent or objectionable and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against AgroMarketDay or any of the AgroMarketDay Participants with respect thereto. Neither AgroMarketDay nor any of the AgroMarketDay Participants endorse any User Postings or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein. Neither AgroMarketDay nor any of the AgroMarketDay Participants have any obligation to monitor any User Postings or any other user communications through the Site.
However, AgroMarketDay reserves the right to review User Postings and to exercise its sole discretion to edit or remove, in whole or in part, any User Posting at any time and for any reason, or to allow the AgroMarketDay Participants to do so. Without limiting the foregoing, upon receiving notice from a user or a content owner that a User Posting allegedly does not conform to these TOS, AgroMarketDay may investigate the allegation and determine in its sole discretion whether to remove the User Posting, which it reserves the right to do at any time and without notice.
Links to Other Sites. The Site may include hyperlinks to sites maintained or controlled by others. AgroMarketDay and the AgroMarketDay Participants are not responsible for and do not routinely screen, approve, review or endorse the contents of or use of any of the products or services that may be offered at these sites. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER AGROMARKETDAY NOR ANY OF THE AGROMARKETDAY PARTICIPANTS WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES, EITHER ACTUAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, OR YOUR (OR ANY THIRD PARTY'S) USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR YOUR PLACEMENT OF CONTENT ON THE SITE, OR YOUR RELIANCE UPON INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE, WHETHER YOUR CLAIM IS BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTORY OR OTHER LAW.
IN PARTICULAR, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER AGROMARKETDAY NOR ANY OF THE AGROMARKETDAY PARTICIPANTS WILL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT AGROMARKETDAY OR ANY OF THE AGROMARKETDAY PARTICIPANTS HAS BEEN NEGLIGENT OR OTHERWISE AT FAULT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR DEFAMATION, ERRORS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR INTERRUPTION IN AVAILABILITY OF DATA).
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
You agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify AgroMarketDay and the AgroMarketDay Participants, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, faculty, students, fellows, governing board members, agents and employees from and against any third-party claims, actions or demands arising out of, resulting from or in any way related to your use of the Site, including any liability or expense arising from any and all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, AgroMarketDay or one of the AgroMarketDay Participants will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
Termination Rights; Discontinuation of Courses and Content. You agree that AgroMarketDay, in its sole discretion, may terminate your use of the Site or your participation in it, for any reason or no reason, upon notice to you. It is AgroMarketDay's policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances the accounts of users of the Site who are repeat copyright infringers. AgroMarketDay and the AgroMarketDay Participants reserve the right at any time in their sole discretion to cancel, delay, reschedule or alter the format of any course offered through AgroMarketDay, or to cease providing any part or all of the Site content or related services, and you agree that neither AgroMarketDay nor any of the AgroMarketDay Participants will have any liability to you for such an action. If you no longer desire to participate in the Site, you may terminate your participation at any time. The rights granted to you hereunder will terminate upon any termination of your right to use the Site, but the other provisions of these TOS will survive any such termination.
The failure of AgroMarketDay to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision and the other provisions of these TOS shall remain in full force and effect.
Choice of Law/Forum Selection. You agree that these TOS and any claim or dispute arising out of or relating to these TOS or any content or service obtained from or through the Site will be governed by the laws of Uganda, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You agree that all such claims and disputes will be heard and resolved exclusively in the courts located in Uganda. You consent to the personal jurisdiction of those courts over you for this purpose, and you waive and agree not to assert any objection to such proceedings in those courts (including any defense or objection of lack of proper jurisdiction or venue or inconvenience of forum).
Effective Date: October 22, 2017.
AgroMarketDay Honor Code Pledge
By subscribing to a course on AgroMarketDay, you are joining a special worldwide community of learners. The aspiration of AgroMarketDay is to provide anyone with an internet connection access to courses from the best universities and institutions in the world and to provide our learners the best educational experience internet technology enables. You are a part of the community that will help AgroMarketDay achieve this goal. AgroMarketDay depends upon your motivation to learn the material and to do so with honesty and academic integrity. In order to participate in AgroMarketDay, you must agree to the Honor Code below and any additional terms specific to a class. This Honor Code, and any additional terms, will be posted on each class website.
AgroMarketDay depends upon your motivation to learn the material and to do so with honesty. In order to participate in AgroMarketDay, you must agree to the Honor Code below and any additional terms specific to a class. This Honor Code, and any additional terms, will be posted on each class website.
AGROMARKETDAY HONOR CODE PLEDGE
By subscribing to an AgroMarketDay training, I agree that I will:
Complete all the training on my own, unless collaboration on an assignment is explicitly permitted.
Maintain only one user account and not let anyone else use my username and/or password.
Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve my results, or improve or hurt the results of others.
If you are found in violation of the Terms of Service or Honor Code, you may be subject to one or more of the following actions:
- Being unsubscribed from a training; or
- Termination of your use of the Site.
Additional actions may be taken at the sole discretion of AgroMarketDay and AgroMarketDay Member training providers.
No refunds will be issued in the case of any corrective action for such violations.
Honor code violations will be determined at the sole discretion of AgroMarketDay Members. You will be notified if a determination has been made that you have violated this honor code and you will be informed of the corresponding action to be taken as a result of the violation.
CHANGING THE HONOR CODE
Please note that we review and may make changes to this Honor Code from time to time. Any changes to this Honor Code will be effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective date. By accessing the Site after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified Honor Code and any changes contained therein. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Honor Code.
Acceptable Use Policy
As part of AgroMarketDay Acceptable Use Policy, you agree not to use the information, services or any other part of the AgroMarketDay Platform to take any action or actions that:
- are contrary to AgroMarketDay public image, goodwill or reputation;
- promote any illegal activity or content, including without limitation child or animal abuse, violence, illegal drug use, and underage drinking;
- infringe on our or any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- express or imply that any of your statements, activities or causes are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent in each instance;
- violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, or encourage any conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- are libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, invasive of privacy, abusive, tortious, hateful, discriminatory, pornographic or obscene;
- transmit any trade secret or other material, non-public information about any person, company or entity without the authorization to do so;
- restrict or inhibit any other visitor from using the AgroMarketDay Platform, including, without limitation, by means of "hacking" or defacing any portion of the AgroMarketDay Platform;
- modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the AgroMarketDay Platform;
- remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in the AgroMarketDay Platform;
- sublicense, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, or convey any rights under the Terms to any third party, or otherwise commercially exploit or profit from the information or content of the AgroMarketDay Platform, or any portion thereof, in any manner whatsoever, except as expressly permitted herein;
- "frame" or "mirror" any part of the AgroMarketDay Platform without our prior written authorization;
- distribute any virus, worm or other similar or deleterious files, scripts or programming routines;
- interfere with or disrupt any services or equipment with the intent of causing an excessive or disproportionate load on the infrastructure of AgroMarketDay or its licensors or suppliers;
- involve the preparation or distribution of junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other deceptive or unsolicited bulk or commercial email, or violate in any way the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003) or equivalent, applicable, foreign law;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine" the AgroMarketDay Platform or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the AgroMarketDay Platform or its contents, authentication and security measures;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any submission;
- execute any form of network monitoring or run a network analyzer or packet sniffer or other technology to intercept, decode, mine or display any packets used to communicate between the AgroMarketDay Platform's servers or any data not intended for you;
- harvest or collect information about any AgroMarketDay Platform visitors or members without their express consent; and/or
- contains any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence.
Last updated October 13, 2018