USERNAMES AND POSTINGS
Comments or other information posted by you to our forums, wikis or other areas of the Site designed for public communications or communications among registered class members may be viewed and downloaded by others who visit the Site. For this reason, we encourage you to use discretion when deciding whether to post any information that can be used to identify you to those forums (or other public or classwide areas).
CONSENT TO PROCESSING OUTSIDE HOME COUNTRY
If you do not agree with these terms, then please do not access, browse, or register for the Site. If you choose not to provide us with certain information required to provide you with various services offered on our Site, you may not be able to establish a user account and we may not be able to provide you with those services.
We endeavor to limit the collection of Personal Information to what we need with respect to specific Site activities in order to satisfy business, legal, or regulatory requirements. For example, we will collect certain Personal Information necessary to authenticate your identity, as described in greater detail in the AgroMarketDay Terms of Service. If you do not wish to submit the required authentication information, then you will not be able to purchase via the Site.
AgroMarketDay does not currently collect financial information from you; however, if you choose to subscribe to a training module, you will be directed to our third party payment processor; and the submission of your payment information will be subject to the terms found at the payment landing page accessible via AgroMarketDay Terms of Service.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect information, including Personal Information (described above), when you sign up for a user account, participate in online courses, send us email messages and/or participate in our public forums. We also collect certain usage information about performance and patterns of learning. In addition, we track information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used.
We may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Site, and we may be able to determine from an IP address a user's Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity. Various web analytics tools are used to collect this information. Some of the information is collected through cookies (small text files placed on your computer that store information about you, which can be accessed by the Site). You should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the "Help" section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookies, many functions and conveniences of this Site may not work properly.
USE AND DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Among other things, we and the educational institutions and other leading global members that provide courses through AgroMarketDay (the "Members") may use the information about you collected through the Site (including your Personal Information) in connection with the following. In cases where we share or disclose your Personal Information: (1) the third party recipients are required to handle the Personal Information in a confidential manner and to maintain adequate security to protect the information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction; and (2) we will only disclose and share the Personal Information that is required by the third party to fulfill the purpose stated at the time of collection.
- To enable the Members to provide, administer, and improve the courses.
- To help us and the Members improve AgroMarketDay offerings, both individually (e.g., by course staff when working with a student) and in aggregate, and to individualize the experience and to evaluate the access and use of the Site and the impact of AgroMarketDay on the worldwide educational community.
- For purposes of scientific research, particularly, for example, in the areas of cognitive science and education.
- For the purpose for which you specifically provided the information, for example, to respond to a specific inquiry or provide you with access to the specific course content and/or services you select.
- To track both individual and aggregate attendance, progress and completion of an online course, and to analyze statistics on student performance and how students learn.
- To monitor and detect violations of the Honor Code, the Terms of Service, as well as other misuses and potential misuses of the Site.
- To publish information, but not Personal Information, gathered about AgroMarketDay access, use, impact, and student performance.
- To send you updates about online courses offered by AgroMarketDay or other events, to send you communications about products or services of AgroMarketDay, AgroMarketDay affiliates, or selected business partners that may be of interest to you, or to send you email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
- To archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- To maintain and improve the functioning and security of the Site and our software, systems, and network.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- To authenticate your identity when you subscribe to a training module.
- To process refunds, as applicable.
We will share information we collect with the Members, and we and the Members may share this information (including Personal Information) with third parties as follows:
- With service providers or contractors that perform certain functions on our or the Members' behalf, including processing information that you provide to us on the Site, processing purchases via third party providers, and other transactions through the Site, operating the Site or portions of it, providing or administering courses, or in connection with other aspects of AgroMarketDay or Member services.
- With other visitors to the Site, to the extent that you submit comments, course work, or other information or content (collectively, "Postings") to a portion of the Site designed for public communications; and with other members of an AgroMarketDay class of which you are a member, to the extent you submit Postings to a portion of the Site designed for viewing by those class members. We may provide your Postings to students who later subscribe in the same training module as you, within the context of the forums, the courseware, or otherwise. If we do re-post your Postings originally made to non-public portions of the Site, we will post them without your real name and e-mail (except with your express permission), but we may use your username without your consent.
- For purposes of scientific research, particularly, for example, in the areas of cognitive science and education. However, we will only share Personal Information about you for this purpose to the extent doing so complies with applicable law and is limited to the Personal Information required to fulfill the purposes stated at the time of collection.
- To provide opportunities for you to communicate with other users who may have similar interests or educational goals. For instance, we may recommend specific study partners or connect potential student mentees and mentors. In such cases, we may use all information collected about you to determine who might be interested in communicating with you, but we will only provide other users your username, and not disclose your real name or e-mail address to your contact.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- For integration with third party services. For example, videos and other content may be hosted on YouTube and other websites not controlled by AgroMarketDay.
In addition, we may share aggregated information that does not personally identify you with the public and with third parties, including but not limited to researchers and business partners.
USE FOR PERSONALIZATION AND PEDAGOGICAL IMPROVEMENTS
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
AgroMarketDay has a program designed to protect Personal Information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures, including administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Personal Information that it creates, receives, maintains, or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; and therefore, AgroMarketDay cannot guarantee its absolute security.
TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN BUYERS AND SELLERS
- Through the Sites, Agromarketday.com provides electronic web-based platforms for exchanging information between buyers and sellers of products and services. Agromarketday.com additionally provides electronic web-based transaction platforms for Members to place, accept, conclude, manage and fulfill orders for the provision of products and services online within the Sites subject to the terms of the Agromarketday.com Transaction Services Agreement. However, for any Services, Agromarketday.com does not represent either the seller or the buyer in specific transactions. Agromarketday.com does not control and is not liable to or responsible for the quality, safety, lawfulness or availability of the products or services offered for sale on the Sites or the ability of the sellers to complete a sale or the ability of buyers to complete a purchase.In the event that any User has a dispute with any party to a transaction, such User agrees to release and indemnify Agromarketday.com (and our agents, affiliates, directors, officers and employees) from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses and damages (including without limitation any actual, special, incidental or consequential damages) arising out of or in connection with such transaction.
- Users are hereby made aware that there may be risks of dealing with people acting under false pretences. Agromarketday.com uses several techniques to verify the accuracy of certain information our paying Users provide us when they register for a paying membership service on the Sites. However, because user verification on the Internet is difficult, Agromarketday.com cannot and does not confirm each User's purported identity (including, without limitation, paying Members). We encourage you to use various means, as well as common sense, to evaluate with whom you are dealing.
- Each User acknowledges that it is fully assuming the risks of conducting any purchase and sale transactions in connection with using the Sites or Services, and that it is fully assuming the risks of liability or harm of any kind in connection with subsequent activity of any kind relating to products or services that are the subject of transactions using the Sites. Such risks shall include, but are not limited to, mis-representation of products and services, fraudulent schemes, unsatisfactory quality, failure to meet specifications, defective or dangerous products, unlawful products, delay or default in delivery or payment, cost mis-calculations, breach of warranty, breach of contract and transportation accidents. Such risks also include the risks that the manufacture, importation, export, distribution, offer, display, purchase, sale and/or use of products or services offered or displayed on the Sites may violate or may be asserted to violate Third Party Rights, and the risk that User may incur costs of defense or other costs in connection with third parties’ assertion of Third Party Rights, or in connection with any claims by any party that they are entitled to defense or indemnification in relation to assertions of rights, demands or claims by Third Party Rights claimants. Such risks also include the risks that consumers, other purchasers, end-users of products or others claiming to have suffered injuries or harms relating to products originally obtained by Users of the Sites as a result of purchase and sale transactions in connection with using the Sites may suffer harms and/or assert claims arising from their use of such products. All of the foregoing risks are hereafter referred to as "Transaction Risks". Each User agrees that Agromarketday.com shall not be liable or responsible for any damages, claims, liabilities, costs, harms, inconveniences, business disruptions or expenditures of any kind that may arise a result of or in connection with any Transaction Risks.
- Users are solely responsible for all of the terms and conditions of the transactions conducted on, through or as a result of use of the Sites or Services, including, without limitation, terms regarding payment, returns, warranties, shipping, insurance, fees, taxes, title, licenses, fines, permits, handling, transportation and storage.
- User agrees to provide all information and materials as may be reasonably required by Agromarketday.com in connection with your transactions conducted on, through or as a result of use of the Sites or Services. Agromarketday.com has the right to suspend or terminate any User’s account if the User fails to provide the required information and materials.
If you have privacy concerns, have disclosed data you would prefer to keep private, or would like to access the information we maintain about you, please contact us at agromarketday.com/contact_us.
Effective Date: October 22, 2017
Mobile Privacy and Legal Notice
This Mobile Privacy Notice summarizes your privacy rights regarding our collection and use of your personal information.
It applies to AgroMarketDay Mobile Application (App) services. By installing and using this App you agree to our use of
your personal information as summarized below and as described in full below, and you agree to be bound by the terms of our User Agreement.
In order to maximize the benefits of the App, this mobile short notice lists the App's optimal collection practices.
You'll be able to opt-in or modify collection settings according to your phone's privacy settings.
|Collection, sharing and protection||Does the app request or do this|
|Geo-location data from your mobile device to provide you a customized experience||Yes|
|Taking Photos from your phones camera. Collection from your mobile device photos or photo gallery||Yes|
|With members of our corporate family to improve content and services and to enhance your experience||Yes|
|Protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss or misuse||Yes|
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our services and to protect your account.
- Information including, but not limited to, user name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, gender, date and/or year of birth and user preferences ("Registration Information") may be collected at the time of user registration on the app.
- From time to time, we collect information about our users and prospective users during trade shows, industry events and other functions. The information we may collect at these locations may include, but is not limited to, user name, address, phone number, fax number and email address ("Event Information").
- Registration Information, Account Information, Activities Information, Event Information and Browsing Information generally relate to business entities and are together referred to as business data (â€œBusiness Dataâ€). Insofar and only insofar as they constitute personally identifiable data of living individuals, such information are together referred to as personal data (â€œPersonal Dataâ€).
- It is mandatory for users of the app to provide certain categories of Business Data and Personal Data (as specified at the time of collection). In the event that users do not provide any or sufficient Business Data and/or Personal Data marked as mandatory, we may not be able to complete the registration process or provide such users with our products or services.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
If you provide any Personal Data to us, you are deemed to have authorized us to collect, retain and use that Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Verifying your identity;
- Verifying your eligibility to register as a user of the app;
- Processing your registration as a user, providing you with a log-in ID for the app and maintaining and managing your registration;
- Providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
- To facilitate communication between buyers and sellers on the app and processing your transactions on the app;
- Performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the app, to improve our product offerings and services and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- if you voluntarily submit any information to the app for publication on the app through the publishing tools, including but not limited to, Company Profile, Product Catalog, Trade Leads and any discussion forum, then you are deemed to have given consent to the publication of such information on the Sites ("Voluntary Information"); and
- Making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law, regulations and guidelines or in respect of any investigations, claims or potential claims brought on or against us.
- We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access and make corrections to it. This includes the following:
- You can see, review and change your personal information by signing in to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate
- Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
Effective Date: January 20, 2018